Everything we do at IIT is driven by delivering excellence !
IIT delivers the qualification and quality valued and expected by the industry in Sri Lanka and around the world
Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT) was established in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 1990 as the first private higher education institute awarding reputed British degrees in the field of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and professional business.
IIT has reshaped and revolutionize the higher education sector of Sri Lanka by empowering graduates to become innovators, entrepreneurs and business leaders.
Over the course of three decades, IIT has established itself as a pioneer, providing British higher education. Currently, IIT has produced more than 3000 graduates who are spread across the globe, playing pivotal roles in well reputed companies.
With a vision to empower the youth in the Information Communication Technology (ICT) age, Informatics Institute of Computer Studies (IICS), now known as Informatics Institute of Technology (IIT), was established in Colombo, Sri Lanka in 1990.
Dr. Gamini Wickramasinghe, Chairman of the Informatics Group is a man with a vision who wanted to support the educational sector. At the time Sri Lanka was facing social upheavals, causing state-run universities to close for longer periods of time thus bringing academic activities to a complete standstill.
- To be recognized as a leader in higher education and research, providing a transformational educational experience.
- Our mission is to develop creative and highly skilled professionals with an international outlook, who will make a significant contribution to the global knowledge economy.
- Integrity : We will always endeavor to keep our promises.
- Empathy : We put ourselves in the shoes of our stakeholders in our decision making.
- Reliability : This includes Honesty and Integrity which is essential to Sustain(Sustainability) a service business.
- Empowerment : All stake holders to facilitate quick decision making and to respond to market changes effectively.
- Innovativeness : Out of the box thinking and creativity in terms of products , services and processes.
Board Of Management
- Deshamanya M. D. D. Pieris
- Prof. P. Balasundarampillai
- Mr. Kumar Jayasuriya
- Mr. Saliya Wickramasuriya
- Mr. Madu Rathnayake
- Deshamanya Prof. W. D. Lakshman
- Ms. Shehara De Silva
- Dr. Gamini Wickramasinghe
- Mr. Hiran Wickramasinghe
- Ms. Kishani Perera
- Dr. Dileepa De Silva
- Mr. Samantha Rajapakshe
- Prof. Jayantha Wijeyaratne
- Ms. Naomi Krishanrajah
- Mr. Sudharshana Welihindha
- Mr. Jagath Gunatilaka
- School of Computing
- School of Business
- University of Westminster (UoW)
- Robert Gordon University (RGU)
Quality & Recognitions
- University Grants Commission (UGC), Sri Lanka Recognized
- Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC), Sri Lanka Registered
- British Computer Society (BCS) Accredited Degree
- ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) Certified Institution
- Sri Lanka Association of Software and Services Companies (SLASSCOM), Member
- Federation of Information Technology Industry Sri Lanka (FITIS)
Obtain a world class Bachelors Degree in Information Technology and Business from affiliated British universities and elevate yourself in the professional world. Intakes commence in January and September.
Join our internationally recognized Master programmes from the University of Westminster and Robert Gordon University, UK in Information Technology, Business and Fashion. Be a part of an exclusive postgraduate community. Intakes Commence in January, May and September.
IIT awards 100% scholarships to outstanding students to persuade their higher education at the campus. Potential students would need to succeed a placement test in order to enter this programme. Many graduate students who have benefited though this scholarship have emerged successful entrepreneurs and also hold leading corporate positions locally and internationally.